BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was updated yesterday at the 6000 miles service with this new software.

Definitely an improvement at low rpm - engine feels smoother and more responsive, start up seems easy, smoother effortless taking off.

Coming home from the dealer on the freeway however I felt that the bike has more buzz now to the pegs and handle bars, compared to the time prior to the new software update.

I don't know if it's in my head or if it’s real feeling, I would have to ride more these days and report my impressions as the distance from my dealer was only 15 miles and I couldn't truly evaluate the bikes' work.

I would think that it's a good idea if people who already updated their bikes with the 5.1 software share their impressions about the bikes' performance after the update.

I know there are a few treads about it but they don't really discuss the changes people experience after the update.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
236 Posts
Did they do the update as a warranty item? Some had referenced that any update would be at the owners expense since there is no recall, to date?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Orange County, California and the new software was updated as part of my regular 6000 miles service, but I also specifically requsted for the new update to be done.

Yesterday I rode the bike more in the city, stop lights and traffic - two up and I can say that performance (feel) was significantly improved, as I said in my first post smoother running, more stable low rpms, I still have to evaluate long distance and highway performance.

My bike is 2005 produced in May.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the update nick. I am going in to the shop to pick up my exhaust and want to have them update my software as well. My bike is an '05 built in Aug.

-rip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts