BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just sold my 2018 grand American/B I kind of got tired of the lack of throttle response off the bottom even with a Bren Tune, I found a 2015 GT with 6700 miles on it couldn’t believe it was a time capsule, yesterday was really my first big ride on it I took the top case off just because I didn’t need all the storage for a day ride I like the look of it a bit more sporty She did very well I did 240 miles yesterday that’s the first solo ride I’ve done on it every other time has been with the wife
I bought a Sargent Seats because it was 20% wider I thought it would be better for us and the wife especially but it’s not maybe we’re not heavy enough to sink into the gel type padding I took it off last night after the ride and put the stock one back on I can touch the ground better and it’s definitely more comfortable so I’m going to take the Sargent apart and change the pad and keep the skin the same. She’s definitely heavier than my K 1300GT or my K1200S But there’s so much difference between the three don’t think I will part with any of them they all play their part. My wife’s favorite bike is still our new Road Glide. I have done quite a bit of work to it I just painted the wheels bronze and a few little accessories to tie it all together pretty damn happy with that bike as well.

Attachments

Reactions: ulle

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just one more bike.......cmon get one more.
That red gt is a beauty. Had occasion to ride with a guy in a gaggle of bikes.
He cold pull away from me with ease. We alternated back marker position. I like riding second from the back.
Let the loons jockey their way to oblivion with their waning testosterone capacity and enduring schoolboy stupidity.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just one more bike.......cmon get one more.
That red gt is a beauty. Had occasion to ride with a guy in a gaggle of bikes.
He cold pull away from me with ease. We alternated back marker position. I like riding second from the back.
Let the loons jockey their way to oblivion with their waning testosterone capacity and enduring schoolboy stupidity.
Yeah I think my K 1300 GT and 1200 S can pull away from my K 1600 a little bit. The exhaust on made 1300 the Delkevic is awesome my Buddy say it sounds like a Formula One

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to have a Quiver to choose from, I dont spend enough time on one, let alone having your stable. Money well spent in my opinion

Enjoy and Good luck
Thanks…..Always had bikes and Muscle Cars, it’s in my blood. Got bikes for the wife and kids while they were growing up to.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Olistoys1 whats your thoughts on handling K13GT vs the K1600?

my K13 hated to stop it felt the weight and the engine was buzzy - I think I could ride the K1600 much quicker and this one stops great - but I agree they aren't very quick
I think my 1300 stops just as fast as the 1600 if not faster but it has extensive service work done all the time at the dealer horsepower wise are almost the same but the 1300 is a lot lighter so I think it’s faster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts