BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents (any Ladies around here..?)

On Saturday we had looooovely sunshine and all poser bikes were out, so I had to go hunt some prey... :hypocrite
I've now done past 200 miles on it, and a good few in dry conditions in daylight, down my favourite roads around here. I've even managed to hit the rev-limiter (accidentally) :wtf

A few observations:
- You can actually feel the shaft drive a lot more than on the GS (where the whole bike goes left-right). The most noticeable is when changing gear. When cornering and normal on-off throttle it's barely noticeable. No problem, but it's "still there". :)
- At very low speeds on high gears creepling along you get a bit of a kangaroo-action from the drivetrain with the shaft and slight roughness at lower rpms. A chain bike would clatter the chain instead. Tomatoe - Tomato... :leer
- Setting ESA to comfort sees easier wheelies :ricky
- Sportec M1s are slippery and let go under power - Need "better" tyres or at least warm them up properly. :D
- It's incredible at accelerating. The torque is amazing and so is the power.
- The stability when cranked over is something I've never felt before (and I've ridden plenty of bikes, including 999S, etc)
- I tend to tip the bike in too much and correct it afterwards - Is that down to the bike or to the part worn Sportec M1 tyres..?
- I accelerated past my friends house 10 meters and a hedge from the road and set off his neighbours car alarm (DuoTech rules!) :cool: :yeah: :teeth
- Suspension is set too harsh on sudden fast compressions, so was the GS.
- I think Acme and the Coyote are missing some rockets. :D

Can't wait to get out to ride more!!! :ricky :ricky :yeah: :teeth :sun: :beer:

·
Registered
209 Posts
M1s slipping?? You must be booking, or they aren't warmed up. How fast are you going when that happens and are you on the gas?

I find that I need to be careful if I'm leaning way over. Can't feed in too much throttle or the back can come around. If I'm careful with the gas, however, it stays pretty stable.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NakedRider said:
M1s slipping?? You must be booking, or they aren't warmed up. How fast are you going when that happens and are you on the gas?

I find that I need to be careful if I'm leaning way over. Can't feed in too much throttle or the back can come around. If I'm careful with the gas, however, it stays pretty stable.
Yah, it feels that way. It's happened when I've set off at full beans, from cold, on the UK roads encrusted with salt/dust/muck/roadkill.... I'm sure that once they're warm and/or on cleaner tarmac they should be fine.

Haven't had the chance to properly lean it over (knee-down-over) and powering it out of the corner. I've noticed that the throttle can be a bit snatchy between on-off throttle and thus I'll be careful... there's a lot of power and weight working against that rear wheel... :eek:

Love the bike! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts