BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's not just my 04 GT, but something, the guages, the wind shield, the handle bars are not lined up down the middle of the bike. Doesn't look right. It it just me!?!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Did you notice that the fuel gauge does not have a chrome bezel?
That front cowl assembly is bolted to the bikes frame. It maybe in need of alignment.

Bazra
aka; The Flash

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously....

Sit on your RS/GT, look at the center of your tank, then look where your stearing column is located, then look where the center of your gauges are. I expected these would all be in a straight line, but on my bikke, they are NOT. Maybe I need to look closely at another RS/GT. Think I will stop by the dealer tonight on that way home....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Are you the original owner? Is it possible the bike has fallen over and the fairing bracket is bent?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Make sure the adjustable handlebars are in exactly the same position on each side. Maybe one is not positioned properly in the notch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer

My dealer took a look today and told me they are all that way.... Have you guys actually gone out and taken a look or are you releying on your memory? =)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Both of our bikes are in the shop waiting for clear roads to get them home. Hopefully someone will go out and look at theirs.
One thing I can remember is the triangle piece of the fairing bracket with the holes in it sits at an angle. I'm referring to the piece in front of the gauges. Maybe this piece is throwing your reference off.
Can you post a picture?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts