BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal. My dealer scrathed my front wheel when they did the anti-squeal brake update. They are going to replace the wheel. Here's my dilemma. My front tire is about gone, well probably have about 1000K miles left in it (Pilot Power) I can't decide to:A. Put on new Pilot Power. B. Put on new Pilot Road ( since I was thinking of doing so at the next change. C. Just putting back on the old tire and burning out the set, then switching to Roads. Any opinions?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Erik,

A thousand miles isn't much. If you have about the same wear in the rear, I'd change both front and rear. Choice of tires, of course, is yours. I gather you are changing to sport touring tires. I like the Metzeler Z6s, but I'm sure the Pilot Roads are excellent tires

Note that I am rather conservative with tires and generally change too soon (rather than worry about changing them too late).

Ken

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to have them replace the front with a Pilot Road.. The rear has maybe 500-700 miles before the wear bars.. That'll mean I should get about 3500 out of the Pilot Powers.. I'd like to get more so I'll do a set of Roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts