BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
spawn said:
Great photo! Is it worth the extra cash over the regular R1200S? How's the sound?
One would be hardpressed to "logically" justify the higher price versus the R1200S (Which I traded for the HP). At the same time, one could also try to clinically justify the R1200S as being finer than higher octane bikes from Japan at a lower price. Tough to do. But if one finds an emotional connection, then the joy of ownership is enhanced. To me, the HP2 punched all the right buttons... the appearance, attendtion to detail, light weight, new DOHC engine, etc. The sound is the finest I've ever heard from a Munich flat twin. It's the kind of bike one holds onto for a long time. What I was looking for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So true. I sat on the HP2 sport at the bike show here in December and it fit me like a glove. I can only imagine how much fun it is when it is actually moving. lol Very, very nice machine indeed. Maybe someday I'll own it. Thanks for the review!

sfarson said:
One would be hardpressed to "logically" justify the higher price versus the R1200S (Which I traded for the HP). At the same time, one could also try to clinically justify the R1200S as being finer than higher octane bikes from Japan at a lower price. Tough to do. But if one finds an emotional connection, then the joy of ownership is enhanced. To me, the HP2 punched all the right buttons... the appearance, attendtion to detail, light weight, new DOHC engine, etc. The sound is the finest I've ever heard from a Munich flat twin. It's the kind of bike one holds onto for a long time. What I was looking for.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HP2 and K1300S

Much better photo of the HP2,what a fantastic bike heard that only 5 arrived in Melbourne so will be a collectable for sure.
SABA Spoke to Chris at Southbank BMW yesterday and he was working on the pricing when I phoned.Thinks the bikes will arrive late February,my guess is that the first batch will be demos?Guess they are in a bit of a bind with pricing Euro vs $OZ and the recession thing.Shame Kevin will not send me a cheque for $950 bet he wont mind pumping up my taxes to pay for it!
If you put your name down for a test ride with the email system they are running you will be notified when they arrive.If you did'nt suggest you ring and put your email down now.
cheers Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts