BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a Bro Ride for myself and my crew for 12-14JUN. Departing eastern Long Island, we are going to take the Cross Sound ferry to New London and wind our way up through CT and spend the night at another buddy's house in South Hadley, MA.

I have a Gazateer for CT and I am trying to put togther a ride that will take all day (10:30-4:30) to get to Mass. Any suggestions on some must do roads in CT? I remember some curvy stuff in the central part of the state that I happened upon by chance last year, but I failed to note it.

Any thoughts on roads/food stops appreciated and I can certainly return the favor for anyone looking to come down to eastern Long Island for a rip. We have some great technical, curvy stuff here on the east end.

Your Old Buddy,

YAHBO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since you will take a whole day, I recommend hitting up Litchfield County ... Route 109 is great. Route 341, and Route 7 north of Cornwall Bridge. So, a good route would be 109 - 202 - 341 - 7. That will bring you into MA.

As for getting from New London to 109, you are on your own. I rarely venture east of Route 8. :teeth

There's plenty of good roads though! Hopefully some more folks will chyme in with suggestions.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Yeah, Central Ct through Litchfiled is a fabulous way to go North.It is all beautiful country and nice empty roads. the road on route 8 north from Winstead into MA to route 20 is my idea of riding heaven.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts