BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE my new K1300GT but It would be even better with a digital speedometer. Has anyone added one they like other than a GPS? The ones for bikes have a front wheel sensor but I see that you can get a GPS heads up speedometer for your car that projects onto your windshield. Maybe it would work on my K's windshield? Anyone tried it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I use a bicycle digital speedometer on the Ducati, the stock speedo is extremely optimistic. The Yamaha FZ1 that I had used input from the transmission for the speedo, a sprocket swap made it inaccurate, used a digital with it too. Both required extending the wiring from the sensor to the readout. Did not try wireless.

Epoxied and tie wrapped magnet to brake disc as close to axel as possible
Mounted sensor on fork leg, ran wiring up the brake lines.
Mounted read out on bars, but anyplace on the dash works if your are careful with wire routing and have a loop to compensate for turning the bars.

Calibration is easy, accuracy for a mile is +/- 12 feet for the odometer. Speed should be the same, quicker response than a GPS, (GPS showed 0 mph on several extremely tight switchbacks)

Plus you get ride time, average speed, maximum speed, additional odometer and more with the digital.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts