BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to split an H3 HID conversion kit from XenithXenons.com with me? The reason I've decided to go with this company is that they have an excellent reputation for customer service and their product seems to be a notch better than the others.

http://www.xenithxenons.com/v/vspfiles/photos/HID-3GKIT-4.jpg

I emailed them earlier today, and they don't sell a single bulb motorcycle kit so I'm looking for someone to split it with me. Should only be $55.00 as their car kit is $109.95

Let me know!

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree, l would not bother installing an HID bulb on the Hi Beam, you lose your flashing capability since the HID takes about 5 seconds to start up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
bmw4lfr said:
I agree, l would not bother installing an HID bulb on the Hi Beam, you lose your flashing capability since the HID takes about 5 seconds to start up.
I have a HID High beam.... takes only 1/2 second to start-up...

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I have HID high and low. They take 1/2 second to start up and about 4 seconds to reach max brightness.

Once the lamp is hot, if you are dipping the main for oncoming with short off times, it lights to full brightness virtually instantaneously. Don't use the flash anymore though, why stress the ballast units?

All this depends on the quality of the ballast units. Some take longer. Hidding the main is mechanically more challenging than doing the low beam.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good catch Ray! I should have specified H7 low beam HID, not H3. This kit will be for a pair of H7 HIDs.

Anyone interested?

Razel said:
Just curious, but you're putting HID in for the high beam? Nothing really wrong with that, just that you lose the "flash" capability for the most part.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
StmbtDave said:
Single bulb system for $25, you can't go wrong.
Things I've read on other forums say differently. Bulbs that fire on only 3 out of 4 starts and overall reliability. Kits that show up without invoices or labels identifying the correct color. I think I'll stick with the Xenith Xenon based on reviews I've read.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Well, I did a lot of checking myself before I settled on the DdmTuning systems, never saw much as to misfiring etc....! For a little over the price of other systems, I got a double system for my car and two systems for my bike, a 55W and a 35W.

As to making them even more reliable....an On/Off switch for the headlight and running power to the ballast directly from the battery via a relay will be my route. And I will keep the OEM sockets inside the fairing too, just in case.

Considering the small size of the OEM wiring and other documented issues with the grounds etc......there is much room for improvement in that area, maybe not just Plug & Play for some of us. :thumb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have personally sold 8 sets to customers without an issue My own personal k12s has had one for 3 years now . I have two more sets on the way as I write this for a couple customers cars next week.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just bought a pair from the Pirate. I think these kits are new, at least new to him, and inlcude a slimmer ballast and are more plug and play friendly. I plan to put two on the K1300S; one in the low beam position and one in a high beam slot. There are two high beam slots and I'll have one normal beam and one HID...we'll see how that all turns out.

I'll take pics,

Gravity

1 - 12 of 12 Posts