BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the BMW Sport Luggage that is used on the K1200R & S and Sport Luggage for the F800ST is interchangeable ? I am looking to eventually get the luggage for my K1200R and saw a set from a F800ST for sale on eBay. Was wondering if they are the same or not.

Thanks !!

Anthony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anthony, I am also, looking for some type of storage for my K1200R. Also considering a taller windshield. I am having a hard figuring out this website. When I try to enter a keyword like windshield it does not take me anywhere. Reed

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
my experience

Gents,

I picked up a used set of BMW factory luggage for my '06 K12s and was disappointed to see how little they store. In retrospect I'd have gone either to Pirate's web site and chosen the soft luggage he sells for <$180 or gone with a weather proff duffle bag. BMW also offers a weather proof duffle bag to rest on the passenger seat and it will store as much if not more than the factory bags.

I read on another forum that Bass Pro Shops offers several weather proof duffle bags for under $100, some are under $50 and all will do the job you need. These bags are meant for storing your clothes or any type of gear in a boat with the confidence they'll remain dry. It seems that as soon as you look at luggage for motorcycle applications the price goes way up. Think outside the box and consider the aforementioned alternatives - you'll save lots of bucks!

(PS, want to buy some used BMW K12s luggage??)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Look into these - You need to determ the size & one up or 2 with bags as well.
If you go two up - get the K13 luggage rack !

Bag Connection - Rearbag - 25-38 Liter,Cargobag- 52 liter, Racepack - 42-60 liter,Speedpack & Speedpack Wide - 80-100 liter - I use the the speedpack for rallies

First Gear - Silverstone System - saddlebags & tail bag

Large waterproof bag

Oxford - Sport pannniers & rear tail bag

See what others have & ask - or just pack nothing & use cash/plastic

·
Registered
16 Posts
AJPK1200R said:
Does anyone know if the BMW Sport Luggage that is used on the K1200R & S and Sport Luggage for the F800ST is interchangeable ? I am looking to eventually get the luggage for my K1200R and saw a set from a F800ST for sale on eBay. Was wondering if they are the same or not.

Thanks !!

Anthony
No the K12 and F8 luggage is not interchangeable.
The exhaust on the K12 is on the opposite side to the F8 and so the cut out for the exhaust is on the right hand case on the K12 and on the left hand case on the F8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts