BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Good article. Backs up my impression of the Road Attacks. I tried them a year ago, and hated them. Went back to Z6, but then decided to try the Road Attacks again this spring, and am regretting it again. I'm gonna have to try the Pirelli tires next, methinks.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
I wonder do they carry letters for use on KGT like MeZ6 ( C for front and K for the rear)?
The Pirellis and Dunlops? And what mileage could be expected from them?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Good timing. I need to order a new rear. I may give the Pirelli a try. I sure liked the Sport Demons I had on my Connie.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
easyman05 said:
I wonder do they carry letters for use on KGT like MeZ6 ( C for front and K for the rear)?
The Pirellis and Dunlops? And what mileage could be expected from them?
Metzeler is the only one I recall using letters to differentiate the subtle differences. The "C" version for the Z6 rear seems to track the wheel more than the bike itself. 5.5" rear requires the "C" version, while the 5.0" does not. I think the "K" designation was used for the Z4 tires.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Razel said:
Metzeler is the only one I recall using letters to differentiate the subtle differences. The "C" version for the Z6 rear seems to track the wheel more than the bike itself. 5.5" rear requires the "C" version, while the 5.0" does not. I think the "K" designation was used for the Z4 tires.
I looked through their 2008 Catalogue here and found that "C" stays for the front and "K" for the rear this year. More, they specify tyres for K1200GT 2006+.

But the most stupid thing is - their distributor here forgot to indicate the letters when placing the order. So there are no tyres with any letter here. It means no tyres for KGT, RRT, FJR, Honda ST1300 etc. No big sport tourers. And I will have to replace the set in 5Kkm or so. It's nothing - two week-end trips only. So have to think about replacement.

·
Registered
501 Posts
For me it is clearly the Pilot Road 2 (CT). I've tried a different set at every change interval and am hoping to find the perfect tire :) . Other than the favorable review, the low temperature rise is also a desirable feature.

BTW: Has anyone bought the Pilot Road 2B rear in 180/55? The Michelin brochure lists this tire for our heavy bikes.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts