BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of the optional K1200R sports screen in place. I haven't been able to find any pics of it on BMW's Motorrad site. How does it compare against the std screen in size and performance.

Cheers
Lenz

·
Registered
24 Posts
fly screen

i started with just the fly screen and then just added the sport screen , the fly screen is going back on. The bigger screen does look nice on the bike and the wind blast isn't noisy (I'm 6' 1") BUT I feel I need the wind blast to help hold up my body, during a long ride with the sport screen I noticed more weight on my hands causing discomfort something I didn't notice when I was using the fly screen.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Guess it depends.

Guess it depends on where you're coming from. At 6-2 my K-RS had a more forward lean/stretch compared with the K-R. Now, less weight on the wrists, less pinching with the knees and more wind on the upper torso (with the sports screen). For such a little piece of plastic it does a pretty good job.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry, No Pics, But...

I shopped around after experiencing the 'baby' screen but decided the sport version was too pricey for the effect and the aftermarket was not there yet. So I moved the Speedster screen from my R1150R (where I didn't like it anyway) to the stock mounts of the KR. Fits, works, looks okay (well, one friend said it looked like a round peg on a square hole kinda thing).

But the turbulence around the sides is more noticable and the deflected straight away air now hits my helmet in the wrong place. It's probably back to the 'baby' for me.

BTW: 5'6" 33 sleeve; 30 inseam. I have no weight on my arms/wrists/hands except down steep driveway hill at home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.