BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some of this stuff: Spray-On Mud. Tried Amazon and no luck.

Surely someone sells it in the U.S. but I cannot locate a bottle or two of the stuff. :dunno:

Anything such as a "Joke 4-wheel drive shop?" :confused:

Mack

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
larrykay said:
It is almost mud season here, and i can send a pound or more for free plus shipping and handling..
:D

Only if your willing to find the appropriate bottle to squirt the stuff (in appropriate "state colors" of course) and print labels for them too. I intend to send them (gifts) to my speed-cam fiends in AZ who seem to have a penchant for getting same from the ever-growing number of AZ speed-cams - hidden and otherwise.

Mack

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was in AZ on my k1300S last week. I am waiting for a Redflex letter or 4 to come in the mail, here in Louisiana. I agree that Mud is a great alternative. Just think of the people that get over on the cams like those hauling bicycles, wheelchairs, trailers.....

Spray mud it is!!

Gravity

·
Registered
59 Posts
GMack said:
Looking for some of this stuff: Spray-On Mud. Tried Amazon and no luck.

Surely someone sells it in the U.S. but I cannot locate a bottle or two of the stuff. :dunno:

Anything such as a "Joke 4-wheel drive shop?" :confused:

Mack
What you guys got no dirt and water there?
Living true to the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"? :rotf:

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spanky said:
Try your local cruiser shop, they seem to excel in all things fake and contrived.
:rotf:

Most cruiseristas I know spend too much time polishing their cruisers with a Q-tip. No way would they allow any "real mud" on them.

Fwiw, we went out and played with some "real mud" trying to cover up some co-workers's expired tags. It won't stick well and runs off. Probably wasted an hour trying to make a mess out of the back of his truck in the parking lot. Our efforts looked pretty bad too. There must be something in that Shropshire English Mud the guy sells that makes it stick better than CA mud. :wtf:

Then we spent another hour looking for "Mud Wrestler's Mud" with no luck either. Someone said it really isn't mud as that would cause eye injuries. Still, we cannot figure out what that stuff is the "Wild Women" play in. Probably some kitchen creation. Guess I need to go to a strip club and ask Destiny or Angel. Alas, the pitfalls of research! :D

Mack

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Trickster said:
What you guys got no dirt and water there?
Living true to the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"? :rotf:
Tar Sand? But they may have to paint it on....! :)

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
If you are into mud you can make your own by mixing soil and water and squirting it out of a small garden sprayer. On the RS's you can make sure the pull-down fender extender at the rear is always in the up position.

Over here they've been known to use petrol disc cutters on the poles, chainsaws,aerosol building foam and tire necklaces. All illegal and it's never recommended to break the law.

Most electronic cams are naturally sensitive to infra red and Xenon (flash) discharge can emit lots of infra red. Once you filter the invisible it shows as no more than a dull red cherry glow, but cameras will get overloaded and show white pictures. Some cameras fixed in remote areas use wireless links too. :)

If you want to try it on a small scale, point your TV remote close to your digicam and take a shot.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
voxmagna said:
If you are into mud you can make your own by mixing soil and water and squirting it out of a small garden sprayer. On the RS's you can make sure the pull-down fender extender at the rear is always in the up position.

Over here they've been known to use petrol disc cutters on the poles, chainsaws,aerosol building foam and tire necklaces. All illegal and it's never recommended to break the law.

Most electronic cams are naturally sensitive to infra red and Xenon (flash) discharge can emit lots of infra red. Once you filter the invisible it shows as no more than a dull red cherry glow, but cameras will get overloaded and show white pictures. Some cameras fixed in remote areas use wireless links too. :)

If you want to try it on a small scale, point your TV remote close to your digicam and take a shot.
I think Mythbusters (a US TV show) did a test of those invisi-shields and they all got caught by the guy running the speed cams. At some speed, maybe as high as 230 MPH (?) they were a blur to the camera and he couldn't get a read.

I would thing mud in a sprayer would plug one up? Mine always seem to be plugged for whatever reason and I need to reverse flush them.

I'm about to find a paint ball gun and shoot stuff. Mud re-loader needed. :yeow:

Mack

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Hmm.. I've read about something like those, but would never dream of using one. :)

If you ever did physics at school, read up on light transparency of materials, reflection, refraction, deflection through the media and critical angles for light travel. I've also been fascinated by polarised light behaviour.

We should all seek to widen our scientific knowledge.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts