BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought this 92 K75S almost a month ago. And , I think I got a really good deal.

The only concerns I have about it are the poor headlight and the front fork being way too soft. The rear shock is a nice and new Progressive fully adjustable unit. I lowered it from the setting the previous owner had about an 11/2" and it made a nice difference. But with the front fork being so soft, the 3000k mile front tire is cupping pretty good. I was looking to see if anyone has done something like stick some spacers under the front springs to bring back some of the spring rate back up. I know he had the seals replaced not too long ago and added 7W oil in it. Btw the bike currently has just almost 60k on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :dunno:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Install a set of Progressive Suspension fork springs and 10 weight fork oil. Unless you are very heavy, use less preload than Progressive recommends.

The headlight on the 75S isn't very good. Try an alternate bulb-not a high wattage one-or consider an HID conversion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts