BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to litter this forum up, I jumped on a thread already but figured I'd start a new one.
I was riding my 93 K75 after replacing the clutch cable. Had sat a few days, but ridden 30 miles an hour before this trip, still fairly warm.
20mph going around a turn and the bike stalls, lights still on. No bucking like fuel, I heard the engine die and I clutched to a stop.

Wouldn't re-start, tried with choke, let it sit for 10,20,60 minutes and retried. Starter motor is turning freely, I hear the fuel pump whirring after start button is released, and I feel pulsing on the aft fuel line feeding the rail.

I'm about to get into it today and just wanted some more advice on things I should be checking, (im gunna hope its a clogged fuel filter)

but fuel light should be working as it lit on sidestand and did not while I was pushing down the block. Checked computer connnection should be good. Could there be a connection issue with coils where starter still functions?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
One thing to consider is the clutch cable. Did you tie wrap it to other wires that might connect to the ignition switch or the kill switch? That can lead to connection problems when turning the bars.

On my 85 K100RS, neither the starter nor the fuel pump fire when the kill switch is hit. So, this is probably not the problem, but worth considering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts