BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K1300 stalling every corner when i stop so, i remove gas tank and check for the actuator or iac valve under the airbox. I remove it and i notice it was full of crap! I clean it very well so i clean the hole where it goes instaled and HELL yeah!!! It worked. This failure was not detected using gs911. Idle now is soo smooth every red light. Note: paint job made by my self

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
This seems to be a common problem with these bikes. I have an 07 K1200s and it was doing the same thing. In coming to a stop the engine would just quit. It would start right up but it was annoying. Especially with these bikes you cannot just pull in the clutch in 1st gear and start it, it has to be in neutral! So, I did some research and removed my airbox. As it turns out the airbox on my bike was a recall item but I found out through a BMW dealer that my box was upgraded. I then changed the Idle Control Valve and the intake air temperature sensor. I am not sure which one it was but the problem went away!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just to throw something in here......
The bike does not have to be in neutral to start it.
If you have it in gear and pull the clutch and the bike wont start then the clutch lever microswitch is not working.... just recently fixed my friends K1300r and it wouldnt start either when in gear. Now it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts