BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for info on mounting a Stebel Nautilus Compact horn in my '03 K1200RS. Searching this site turns up references to Excel Cycle Werkes' kit for later ('07+) GT's and other, non-K, models, but not the earlier RS. Links or info, anyone?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mount it anywhere you can? you can separate the horn like I did, and run a tube to connect the two. makes it much easier to find a place to install this thing if you're restricted on room.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not adverse to pulling the compressor and horn apart, but don't want to be in that ugly position of pulling the tupperware and then finding out I need to order a doohickey to do the installation. I've searched this site for info installations but only find stuff for the nextgen K's. I guess I'm trying to jump the learning curve a bit.

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
Read my post, get that stuff, and just DO IT. Maybe you'll get the platsic off and discover that you need something. It's not the end of the world. It happens to everybody. Alternatively, Get somebody else to do it for you.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Alternatively, get a Fiamm "Freeway Blaster",cheap and MUCH louder than the OEM, easy install.They can certainly hear me now with just one, just wait until I put the combo Hi/Lo in there..... :yeow:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Excel Cycle guy was A LOT of help - I saw him down at Johnson City - took some photo to work something up on my K12S - did not talk to him at that time , but later on - getting parts together - I asked about the trigger wire - he shipped me one - In the LONG run - He's offering GREAT KITS for what he puts together - Very helpful - When I called or emailed him.
Get your horn on YOU"LL LOVE IT - and uses it
Anything pre CAN BUS wire is easy to install. Good luck

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While doing a serious garage clean-up, I found a set of Fiamm horns I'd ordered for the Connie. I guess I'll give them a try and see what happens from there. Wiring up the relay, etc. isn't particularly a problem, it's finding room for the horns and/or making up brackets that's a pain for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts