BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one and looking for some suggestions on where and how to mount on a 06 GT.
Thanks

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
There is lots of room on the left side near the ABS pump. But I wanted to save that space for a Thomas air compressor and my HID driving light ballasts, so I mounted my Stebel on the right side, like Grif. More details and pics can be found in this post. It was a tight fit, but worth it. Just know that you have to run a relay so that the horn gets full power directly from the battery, but you can still trigger the relay from the original horn wiring.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to Grif and Meese got my Sebel horn on.

I also cut the connector off the old horn and soldered a wire on so I didn't have to cut into the bikes wiring.

Did the wifes F800ST while I was at it.

Had to make this bracket to secure it properly.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Everyone seems to have to fabricate some kind of mount or bracket for that horn. Anyway to do it without being an metal works guru? I saw one website (can't remember which) that sold different shaped brackets with the horn depending on your application. Would one of these work? Which?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iflybricks said:
Everyone seems to have to fabricate some kind of mount or bracket for that horn. Anyway to do it without being an metal works guru? I saw one website (can't remember which) that sold different shaped brackets with the horn depending on your application. Would one of these work? Which?
I haven't seen and brackets that was "plug n play" yet. The space to put these is very close and you have to make one or reshape a purchased one. The bracket I made for the ST had to be 3D to keep it stiff enough. Guess I should have made a few for the GT for those of you who want it in the same place and don't have the equipment to make them.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
The bracket to mount the Stebel on the right side of the GT is pretty trivial. It's just some flat strap with two 90° bends and a couple of holes drilled. Almost anyone should be able to duplicate it based on the pic below:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts