BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my wife's 2003 K1200RS, the steering lock will not engage when its on the center stand. Off the center stand with a bit of wiggling, it will eventually engage. Its seems to a little misaligned or something? What to try, maybe loosening and retorquing the triple clamp?

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
Make sure the hole on the column that the locking bar slides into is not blocked....I had the same problem when I partially blocked that hole with a tank bag strap...you can see the hole if you turn the bars to the right.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the centerstand, I cannot lock either way. Off the centerstand, it easily locks to the left and with coaxing will lock to the right. The holes are not obstructed. The steering hits the stop both ways. I think it must be marginally mislaligned, and the pressure on the triple clamp when off the stand is just enough to align. I guess, I will try to loosen and retorque the triple clamp.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I had a nasty experience once on a bike when I put on full lock to do a 360 and the faulty lock bolt dropped into the fork yoke and bike fell over with me and pillion on it.

If the BMW lock can do this, strip it out and carefully check everything and the retaining clips/springs that keep the bolt up are ok free to move and well lubed

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts