BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other morning on my commute I had the rear brake drag after using it to slow to a stop. (I also used the front brakes) It hung up, I re-applied the rear brake and it released. I did just wash the bike the afternoon previous. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I be concerned? It only happened the one time, I am hoping it is a one time thing.

·
Would rather be riding
537 Posts
Check the brake lever

crfjohn said:
The other morning on my commute I had the rear brake drag after using it to slow to a stop. (I also used the front brakes) It hung up, I re-applied the rear brake and it released. I did just wash the bike the afternoon previous. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I be concerned? It only happened the one time, I am hoping it is a one time thing.
Hasn't happened on my GT yet, but this happened all the time with my GPZ. Road grime gets into the brake lever pivot and it sticks. Stick your toe under the lever and pull up -- if it moves (even if the brakes aren't actually sticking), that's your problem. A little scrubbing and some oil took care of the GPZ for several thousand miles, hopefully the GT is the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts