BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around at the different tyre options available for the GT.

I have Bridgestone BT020 on as OEM. These tyres are fine and provide all the grip I could possibly need !!! BUT, I always want more grip and faster turning into corners (we have corners in England). :)

I used the Michelin Pilot Power sport tyres on an FJR 1300 and enjoyed the grip and sporty ride with them one up. I found they were unhappy with a fully loaded bike with pillion. They showed this on corners by unsettling the bike and dropping in too quickly and they were probably not able to cope with the weight.

Has anyone used the Pilot Powers that are designed for the K1200S as these are built to take more weight, or have you used the Continental Sport attack sports tyre.

I want these tyres for fast riding all year round and especially in the winter for their increased wet grip from soft rubber.

I am not at all interested in how many miles I get from the tyres, just grip. :)

Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm heading down to Deals Gap on new PP next week. The bike will be fully loaded with the large tour pack on the back. I will give a report when I get back to Mass on how they hold up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
MassGT said:
I'm heading down to Deals Gap on new PP next week. The bike will be fully loaded with the large tour pack on the back. I will give a report when I get back to Mass on how they hold up.
Expect to need a new rear when you get back!
Especially if you ride down on the BRP, it eats tires.
Look for a blue GT with NJ plates at DGR, that will be me.
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts