BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I successfully installed the Stiebel horn (http://piratesk12site.net/Stebel.htm). Man, what a difference! Sounds more like a car horn than the dinky horn shipped with the bike.

Small downside is had to cut the old horn wires and crimp in some "standard" female blade connectors. I would have rather left the OEM connector alone... I left enough room in case had to solder it back on.

Also, had to drill out the supplied fitment brackets as the bolt hole wasn't large enough.

One thing is I was afraid I would not have enough clearance from the suspension with the horn facing down. So, I pointed the horn "facing" up. I live in SoCal, so I'm not worried about water. But, others might.

Here's a pic of it installed.
Side View

·
Registered
288 Posts
Anyone needing another endorsement for this horn...here it is, loud as the dickens!

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK ! An S !

Pulled this post from another site, was not aware it came from the S Thread. I now have my answer !

·
Registered
1 Posts
zombiewolf said:
Anyone needing another endorsement for this horn...here it is, loud as the dickens!
I had this installed and removed it shortly there after back to stock. Fellow riders could not hear the horn while riding close to me. Maybe mine was faulty but it sounded real loud after install just not during riding.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts