BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. It's the start of another season. I have spent the winter months buying and fitting all kinds of bling to the bike (including; Pazzos, Rossocromo hugger & chainguard and an EZ x-ring chain, in blue of course).

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Did I log onto the wrong forum today? :teeth

No, seriously though, that is a very sharp looking bike. I like it very much. How's the power?

I even like the exhaust a little. Though maybe a short Arrow exhaust would look as good too. Like this one...

I don't think they sold that in the US? :dunno:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, silly Honda haven't launched it in the US. Although it's available in Canada if you live up that way :D

The power is plenty for a naked bike and seems more than it is (125) due to the gearing.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hass, I can see why you bagged the R12R.. That is a sharp looking bike. I could never understand why American Honda doesn't bring the cool Euro stuff to the US..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Erik said:
Hass, I can see why you bagged the R12R.. That is a sharp looking bike. I could never understand why American Honda doesn't bring the cool Euro stuff to the US..
No kidding! Honda's 'non-cruiser' offering in the states is pretty boring. I'd certainly give that bike a second look when it comes time to replace the KR. (bet the tranny doesn't CLUNK on every 1 to 2 shift).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mjptexas said:
No kidding! Honda's 'non-cruiser' offering in the states is pretty boring. I'd certainly give that bike a second look when it comes time to replace the KR. (bet the tranny doesn't CLUNK on every 1 to 2 shift).
Nope. Clunks a little from N to 1 though. But not as much as my R12R did. After that it's very smooth. Not that you need to use the gearbox much, it will happily take off from 30mph in 6th so it's only when riding spirited I need to use the gearbox because then I want to keep the revs up.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
:wtf: i thought this was the other forum. i thought it was going to be followed by, "What should I wear and what do you guys wear?" no offense.

honestly, i would be happy on anything rather than nothing. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to ride. That bike is alot better than the stupid ad that they released while advertising its release. almost Tuonoish or Brutaleish. I like the stock can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts