BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Stock Windscreen Performace K1200GT

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  robday 
#1 ·
Wow, I'm in Florida (90F today) and I took the Aeroflow windshield and Aeroguards off the bike so I wouldn't faint from the heat, hoping to get some more air on my body.

I took the bike out today for some testing and realized why I had added the Aeroflow right after I bought this bike back in 08.

The bike with the stock screen is torture to ride, even at 50 mph. Gusty wind, turbulence, noise, buffeting, and it flexes too.

I am getting a lot of air, but it is so turbulent that I don't think I can ride it this way.

#2 ·
Uh, you know you can just lower the windscreen and get more airflow, right? :D

Yeah, I had to do a short ride with the stock screen on my K13GT, and it flat sucked. I rode it straight to AeroFlow and got the full setup installed . . . :cool:

#3 ·
:teeth I guess I have to choose between roasting behind the Aeroflow or dancing behind the stocker....

#4 ·
I know that some guys remove the AeroGards in the summer, and put them back on in the winter.

I've found that I have better luck with using a good jacket that allows for some airflow, yet can be zipped up to be fully waterproof when needed. And drinking lots of water . . .

With the excessive humidity in Florida, and the ever-present threat of random rain showers, it's a tough environment to cover all possibilities.

#5 ·
Thanks For The Reminder!

It's been pretty hot here in Los Angeles the last few days, and I was about to do the same thing - go back to the stock screen. Then I read your post, and also remembered why I bought the Aeroflow system in the first place.
The silence is great, but it's freakin' hot behind the Aeroflow.
As Meese mentioned, removing the Aerogards (or even just the lower half of them) allows a lot more air to flow onto your torso. A good mesh jacket helps.
I also use a cooling vest occasionally, but I'm not sure how well this would work in Florida's humidity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.