BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geezz.. I waited 8 months for the Wunderlich tail light.. I get it installed just a few days ago, and I have been sleeping better.. then I get word just an hour ago from one of my German vendors that THIS will be on the market in 2-3 weeks... Damn!

I have little info at the moment except it has a full bank of LED's.. it looks like it's available in black or silver.. will fit the R and S...and it'll cost a lofty $261.US... Let me reiterate.... Damn!

Opinions? Thoughts? Nekid pictures?

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
Pirate said:
Geezz.. I waited 8 months for the Wunderlich tail light.. I get it installed just a few days ago, and I have been sleeping better.. then I get word just an hour ago from one of my German vendors that THIS will be on the market in 2-3 weeks... Damn!

I have little info at the moment except it has a full bank of LED's.. it looks like it's available in black or silver.. will fit the R and S...and it'll cost a lofty $261.US... Let me reiterate.... Damn!

Opinions? Thoughts? Nekid pictures?

Well Jerry,

I must say I like it.

If I hadn't already sprung for the "Clear Alternatives" LED tail light I "might" have considered this one, even at the outrageous price. The motorcycle is really just an expensive Mistress, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First.. they aren't on the market yet.. I think he said a couple of weeks..Once they arrive in Germany I want assurances that they are plug-n-play and are CanBus compatible. I think this issue is what kept the Wunderlich product off the shelves for 8 months..

Second.. due to the fact that we'd have to pay someone to paint them I honestly didn't think there would be much of a market at the asking price and I told them that... After buying one and having it painted you're looking at $350 or so dubloons.. Ouch! That's pretty steep... For $270--280 dollars they should bolt right on to your bike and then blow you... You have to draw the line somewhere.. and this is pretty close to MY line..

I may buy a limited amount and see how things go ..He said he'd contact me when he had them in his grubby German hands..

jcraftcars said:
Hey Pirate, When can we get one from you?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I also installed the Wunderlich a few days ago as Jerry knows, but in my opinion the Wunderlich is way more stylish then the light above.

I know it's a personal preference as anything else is, but this "new" light looks as any other motorcycle tail light on the market, even the so called "baboon ars" looks more distinguish.

Just a thought.

By the way here is another LED tail light that is a much cheaper alternative and looks similar to the one above though from the picture we could partially assume only.

http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=820323|820403&PRID=1546048

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sir Nick... I'm on the fence until I see this new one... ours does look good.. The other looks more... "regal."

and FYI.. The Sierra BMW product is NOT a tail light.. Their advertising would lead one to believe it is.. In actuality they are selling the Brake LED Kit (from Gizmo Mill) which is an LED module that goes INSIDE your stock tail light...

nickbenin said:
I also installed the Wunderlich a few days ago as Jerry knows, but in my opinion the Wunderlich is way more stylish then the light above.

I know it's a personal preference as anything else is, but this "new" light looks as any other motorcycle tail light on the market, even the so called "baboon ars" looks more distinguish.

Just a thought.

By the way here is another LED tail light that is a much cheaper alternative and looks similar to the one above though from the picture we could partially assume only.

http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=820323|820403&PRID=1546048

Cheers,
Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts