BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time the lid jammed in the full opened position. Each time it was necesary
to insert the key in the lock, push down and finagle the lid back and forth till it would
lower to the closed position. This last time took about 5mins. From this point on I will open
only to 3/4 position. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Phil

·
Registered
181 Posts
Glad to hear that I am not the only one with that problem. Meant to tell the dealer at last service, but forgot.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've had the same issue... intermittently.
When I open in the "full" posistion, I have to guide the arm of the lid back down.
It is getting easier with more use, now I kinda just use more pressure and it goes by itself.
Being rectangular in shape, (lid) I think the pivot arm will always be a little stiff, due to its location in the corner of the panel.

·
The Gov
660 Posts
GTHack said:
I have had the same problem a few times. What I am more upset at is why did they not put another compartment on the left side. :confused:
Might have something to do with the cruise control and ABS/Servo system are mounted on the left side.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
GTHack said:
I have had the same problem a few times. What I am more upset at is why did they not put another compartment on the left side. :confused:
There's simply no room...(see pic below). However, a friend of mine makes bags and he is making me a custom-fitted bag that will fit over top the left side. Kinda like a second tank bag. :cool: Never enough storage, eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts