BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the hell do you guys store anything on your k1300R?
I thought there might be a cubby near the clocks/dash or under the plastic trim panel over the battery but nope…
There’s a space big enough to fit a box of matches under the seat but that’s it?
surely there’s aftermarket storage that can be retrofitted?
i just want somewhere to fit a disc lock at least.
My Yamaha XJR1300 has enough space under the seat to fit a disc lock, large heavy duty chain, padlock and a tool kit!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! Yeah that’s what i use currently.
Just thought BMW were all over this kind of thing. They love adding stuff like that.
Not to worry. Pockets it is!

·
Registered
K1200R
16 Posts
I think these bikes were their first real :f*ck it lets go! bikes for a long time. Boy did they deliver. Think storage fell off the spec list....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tail bag.
Tailbag is not a bad idea but is non secure when parking and involves spending cash.
was just surprised that bmw famed for (amongst many things) their practicality dis not add any storage to the k1300r.
I think Nick got it spot on though. This was a balls out sports naked, why mess around with storage! 😉

·
Registered
2007 K12R
137 Posts
Tailbag is not a bad idea but is non secure when parking and involves spending cash.
was just surprised that bmw famed for (amongst many things) their practicality dis not add any storage to the k1300r.
I think Nick got it spot on though. This was a balls out sports naked, why mess around with storage! 😉
I just remove mine and carry it with me. It’s not always the most convenient to lug around, but at least I have the stuff I need. A backpack is another option, but I really don’t care for those when riding.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Reactions: Seeeu911

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When i need to carry stuff I’ve got luggage.
i agree regerding backbacks. I sometimes wear one to take my laptopto work when riding the bike but prefer not to have the excess weight on the back.
wouldn’t mind a set of BMW sport panniers for multi day trips but they still seem pretty pricey even 2nd hand. Considering I’ve got some semi soft throw over style panniers anyway i feel £300 is a luxury I’m yet to part with cash for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where the hell do you guys store anything on your k1300R?
I thought there might be a cubby near the clocks/dash or under the plastic trim panel over the battery but nope…
There’s a space big enough to fit a box of matches under the seat but that’s it?
surely there’s aftermarket storage that can be retrofitted?
i just want somewhere to fit a disc lock at least.
My Yamaha XJR1300 has enough space under the seat to fit a disc lock, large heavy duty chain, padlock and a tool kit!
G'Day, Mate,

I wear a full-length Stockmans Coat with leg straps, plus a Buffalo Vest, plenty of storage the way I do it.

Hope this helps you,
Cookey.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the life-boat panniers.
Or a bumbag (that's Australian for fanny pack).
People laugh at you at first - but when they catch up they stop laughing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts