BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lieu
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had read about how others had mounted their strebels. I thought I would share what I came up with. I just created a rectangular bracket using a strip of metal that I heated and bent. Then connected the ends using JBWeld. Used the screws holding the ABS stuff onto the shelf located on the left of the bike. I also mounted the horn relay in this area, and the fuse panel relay on the shelf.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
nice....

I took aluminum L bracket from the home depot, cut a V on one of the sides, bent it 90 degrees. Reniforced with some sheet metal screws......

·
Lieu
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grifscoots said:
I had some kind of an L bracket laying around that I bent, drilled and tortured with waterboarding.
Did it talk??? :teeth

·
Lieu
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Falconfire said:
I had read about how others had mounted their strebels. I thought I would share what I came up with. I just created a rectangular bracket using a strip of metal that I heated and bent. Then connected the ends using JBWeld. Used the screws holding the ABS stuff onto the shelf located on the left of the bike. I also mounted the horn relay in this area, and the fuse panel relay on the shelf.
Just a quick follow-up. The JBWeld joint ended up not holding very well. I took the frame to a local welding shop and he welded it together in about 2 minutes. Other than that, I am very pleased with the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts