BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure about this new Guzzi tourer, it is angular and it's hard to make a bike look good in silver, but this one seems to look "right". Not as nice as the KRS/GT for sure, but probably the best that Guzzi has done. What do you make of it?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Hard to make a bike look good in Silver?! Yeah it's much easier using some sort of Yellow and Black combo or Seafoam Green...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Mark,

I agree with Mike...many bikes and cars simply do not look good in sliver since it seems to hide the curves/angles, however, I have seen pictures of your 2005 GT and, I must say, the RS/GT body style looks marvelous in silver! :)

So, don't take it personal....you have a great looking bike!

As far as the Guzzi, it doesn't look like your Grandads Guzzi does it? I think it has too many chopped up fairing pieces for my taste. It just doen't flow well.

Randy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
531 Posts
to me the guzzi tourer is ugly as shit and looks no where near as good as the new GT and certainly not the current GT. just my opinion though i'm sure there are those out there that think the guzzi looks great. to each his own, if you like it and buy it, and are happy with it more power to you.

i will say one thing bmw ought to hire whoever designs MV Augusta bikes....the new senna and the f4 tamborini look totally awesome and better than anything bmw currently has on the market. i'd drop my RS for a tamborini in a heartbeat if i could afford the 48 grand price tag. since 48 grand is beyond my finanial resources for the foreseeable future i'll have to settle for the k1200s.

ride safe
 

·
Statmaster
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Massimo Tamburini is the master artist who designed the MV Agusta F4.

He is also responsible for such classics as the Ducati 916 (also influenced the 996/998 series). IMHO, the last of the sexy Ducatis.

I sold my F4 750 a couple months ago, and every time I walk through the garage and see that it's no longer in its spot, I get depressed. I'd love to get the F4 1000, but I have resigned myself that with my size, that I just don't "fit" the MV -- envision a monkey fucking a football as my friends tell me.

I look at the Pierre Terblanche designs at Ducati (999, multistrada) and my stomach turns. I look at David Robb's work, and go ugh! And then there are the absolutely uninspired designs coming from Japan. There something the Italians do right, and that is this motorcycle (at least from a design standpoint). And Massimo Tamburini is the best out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
htheater said:
Mark,

I agree with Mike...many bikes and cars simply do not look good in sliver since it seems to hide the curves/angles, however, I have seen pictures of your 2005 GT and, I must say, the RS/GT body style looks marvelous in silver! :)

So, don't take it personal....you have a great looking bike!

As far as the Guzzi, it doesn't look like your Grandads Guzzi does it? I think it has too many chopped up fairing pieces for my taste. It just doen't flow well.

Randy
Mark, did mean to offend, I have a silver Audi A4 and the lines look great, but it is a color that either enhances the design, or if not excellent, becomes the worse color for that design. Have a look at the A4 Silver versus the current Toyota Camry or Honda Accord if you want to see my point. Maybe it something to do with the "metalwork transparency" feel of a silver color.

I love the shape of my KRS and am going to keep it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
That's the best looking Guz I've ever seen... About time they do something visually correct... Trash the Harley-ish mirrors and it's a keeper... Much better looking than the new GT, me thinks... Sexy..! Thx for posting the pic.. Had not seen that..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
htheater said:
Mark,

I have seen pictures of your 2005 GT and, I must say, the RS/GT body style looks marvelous in silver! :)

So, don't take it personal....you have a great looking bike!

Randy
Thanks. :)

I think how a bike or car etc.. looks in Silver or any other colour has a lot to do with the quality of the paint job and BMW does excellent work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
mikeodial said:
Mark, did mean to offend
I thought so ;)

On a more serious note, I'm sure you didn't mean to offend anyone, you were just expressing your opinion. However, you stated your opinion like it was fact...that's what got my back up. I don't happen to share your opinion regarding Silver bikes being hard to make look good or the lines being easily hidden etc. (if anything I think the darker colours would hide the lines) but that's what makes us individuals.

In my hasty and somewhat unthinking response I may have offended owners of Yellow/Black and Seafoam Green bikes, if so I apologize. I happen to prefer the looks of the GT/RS in other colours, but whatever the colour, it's still a great looking bike. Now back to the discussion regarding the Guzzi...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
sincGT said:
I thought so ;)

On a more serious note, I'm sure you didn't mean to offend anyone, you were just expressing your opinion. However, you stated your opinion like it was fact...that's what got my back up. I don't happen to share your opinion regarding Silver bikes being hard to make look good or the lines being easily hidden etc. (if anything I think the darker colours would hide the lines) but that's what makes us individuals.

In my hasty and somewhat unthinking response I may have offended owners of Yellow/Black and Seafoam Green bikes, if so I apologize. I happen to prefer the looks of the GT/RS in other colours, but whatever the colour, it's still a great looking bike. Now back to the discussion regarding the Guzzi...
Man, you sure pissed lots of people off out there. They're definetly gonna watch for you on the road. You better stop riding. Don't dis no colors. word up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
MG Norge 1200 ...few more pic's

chrispat said:
Nice pic, I'd take this over the new GT any day - as far as styling goes. Any more pictures available?
I like "her" .... and I told to Kjell I was going to take pic's :) :) :)







 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, that's seems to give a very nice impression of that bike. Not sure what grabs me about it, looks like a slightly retro/modern/classic bike. A classy design that seems to have a bit of a timeless quality. Hard to put my finger on, but very nice. Also looks like it has been designed for the long haul US touring market......
 

·
Throttle Jockey
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Looks better than the R1200RT, but the technical specs for the RT are better than the Guzzi. I never met a silver bike I didn't like, I have two now and my previous bike to these was silver. In chronological order:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
I like silver bikes. The R1150RT in silver looks great. The few pictures of the K1200GT in silver look great. The Guzzi looks great. The . . . .

I like black bikes also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Personally, I find the looks of the new Guzzi "interesting" in a sort of mildly attractive sort of way. The overall looks, at least to me, lend to certain traits of the old Yamaha Venture (remember...the Goldwing beater) and the current Yamaha FJR 1300. Don't cha' just love the way that Guzzi motor profiles!
OkeefenokeeJoe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
That 2006 Guzzi Norge 1200 should be bike of the year based on looks alone!! :)...Regards Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
sincGT said:
Hard to make a bike look good in Silver?! Yeah it's much easier using some sort of Yellow and Black combo or Seafoam Green...
I always was partial to that mauve, and let's not forget (can't remember the name) that all time winner BROWN!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Hey David, missed you for a while. Anything new? Drop me a line at my e-mail address.

Regards,
John
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top