BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate to create a thread on this, but I'm looking for the torque numbers for the frame bolts in the picture below. Also do they need thread lock or anti seize on them?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I really hate to create a thread on this, but I'm looking for the torque numbers for the frame bolts in the picture below. Also do they need thread lock or anti seize on them?

Thank you!
The manual doesn’t have them?

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,018 Posts
Don't use either unless the manual calls for it. Anti seize will change the torque setting as well as loctite. And most of the bolts on the bike do not use loctite, only a few specific ones. I have a zoom meeting in a few minutes but I'll try to find them in the manual
I'm back; the M10 bolt is 38 Nm the smaller M8 in the aluminum is 19Nm. the big one takes blue loctite.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't use either unless the manual calls for it. Anti seize will change the torque setting as well as loctite. And most of the bolts on the bike do not use loctite, only a few specific ones. I have a zoom meeting in a few minutes but I'll try to find them in the manual
I'm back; the M10 bolt is 38 Nm the smaller M8 in the aluminum is 19Nm. the big one takes blue loctite.
Thank you Beech! As always you are a life saver.

I had to loosen those bolts to get ABS pump out and back in. Decided to keep the ABS, found a used module on Ebay. Now I just need to bleed the system.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,018 Posts
In the DVD choose in the index "torque settings" then go to frame. Probably in the maintenance section you could find sub frame removal and related pieces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts