BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing back to life a long parked K75. Sure enough, the fuel pump damper turned to goo. I am replacing the ridiculously exhorbitant OEM fuel pump with a reasonably priced pump from the auto parts store. But I also hesitate to blow a wad of cash on a new rubber damper. I have searched here but have not found a replacement. Has anyone found a substitute, or else a way to fab something that will work?

TIA

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently went through the same process. I ordered a kit from Beemer Bone Yard that contains all the fuel pump components that go in the tank. It was much cheaper than the dealer. I believe they have the damper available individually I am not sure of the price but I would guess less than BMW. The pump in my bike had been replaced by the PO and he had used an aftermarket pump and had replaced the damper with split fuel line inside the clip. I have seen that described on the web somewhere, perhaps the IBMWR site. Anyway the pump had failed and I had to redo. The split fuel line solution looked a bit hacked to me and it did not hold the pump very well. I liked the bike and was thinking I would keep it for a while so I bit the bullet and went with the aforementioned kit. The kit cost about $200 less than the parts from BMW and worked well. Their service was also VERY good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just "thinking out loud", but if you had an immersible pump that pulled fuel from a hose/nipple, you could connect its intake to a fuel filter. A big filter with enough volume might provide some dampening against the sloshing of the fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts