BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my second clutch with only 15k miles. Does anyone know of any clutch options that may improve the life of my clutch. I ride extremely hard and frequently drop the clutch at high rpms. This is my fourth BMW over the years and and I have never given into the coments about this brand being only for conservative old men and gentle sport touring. My dealership doesn't really have any sugestions for me other than to replace the clutch every year or so. Is there a high performance clutch option out there other than the slipper version for $1500? I would be very interested in hearing anyones suggestions. Thank you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
jeffmc said:
I am on my second clutch with only 15k miles. Does anyone know of any clutch options that may improve the life of my clutch. I ride extremely hard and frequently drop the clutch at high rpms...
Based on your claim, I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to paying for clutches regardless of which brand you buy. You may get a few more miles out of an aftermarket brand but I suspect not many.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts