BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Arai Quantum/f helmet. The left side cover over the area where the visor attaches came off. My dealer has not been able to get one and direct contact with Arai via there web site has gotten no response for over a month. Can anyone suggest a source or a better way to contact Arai?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gordon

·
Registered
969 Posts
www.motoeuropa.com in Richmond, VA has Arai parts on their shelves. email them and see if they have what you need. You may want to mention the color of your helmet and see if someone has a part they can give you from one of their old or no-longer-being-used helmets.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I will give them a call Monday. My helmet is silver in color.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Arai Helmet Parts

For such a great product, Arai's customer service has always been terrible - for some reason they see fit to make it impossible for a customer to contact them and have essentially removed their products from all mail order and internet sales channels.

Anyway, I have found that MotoMarket in Acton, MA (www.motomkt.com) always has Arai parts in stock and is pretty sucessful at getting ones they don't have on hand.

·
Registered
138 Posts
MarkS said:
For such a great product, Arai's customer service has always been terrible QUOTE]

Not my experience here in the UK. The chin guard on my Quantum F decided to come loose last year and it was fixed without charge within about 10 days through the dealer from whom I'd bought it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses

The help desk at Arai finally e-mailed me back after more than a month and a nasty e-mail as a follow up to my initial request.

My local dealer where I bought the helmet could not get the part. I was at the shop while the parts manager called a couple of his distributors with no luck.

If Arai doesn't come through I will try the sources you all have provided.

I discovered this web site after buying my K12 two years ago.

I appreciate the sense of community and support of the members here. It has made having a BMW a much better experience. I do all my own maintenance and have gotten great help and lots of good "how tos" from here.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arai Came Through

Arai sent me a replacement part which is much appreciated,

Thanks to all that responded with helpful information!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts