BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruised around town today (literally, around - why cut across?) and it's warm out. I thought I say a seat bead thingy somewhere on the internet buy cannot find it anymore. What do all y'all do to help keep cool and comfortable with a stock seat, or am I just sissy? That's an okay answer too.

Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
And like Grif, I'm about ready to send my seat to Ron at Kon Tour for the same breathable material since it tends to get slightly hot in Texas. Looking forward to trying the water trick on a day where I'm not riding the bike to work!

As with the infamous final drive or oil threads, do a search on the various seats that people have on their GTs. There are more than a few out there (Sargents, Corbin, Rick Mayer, etc) and you can't go wrong. Just do your homework and make an informed choice.

Good luck,

David

·
Registered
42 Posts
Beads for me, I first put them on my K1100LT which was a real boiler in the heat, I had them on my R1150RT and now my K1200GT/2 They keep the air circulating and I swear they are comfortable. Paid $12 for mine in 1999 and they are still on the bike. I did see an adverisement in the BMWMOA for them the other day. An inexpensive solution, cheaper than a new seat!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ill be taking the one off of the pillion seat right now!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
What not try the simple solution? Turn the seat heater off, it was only 80 in OH. :snowlaff:

Wait until it is 100 with 80% humidity, then sit on a sponge.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My bike has seat heaters? Got some Tourmaster/Cortech air pants coming, that'll be a little better than jeans I hope.

·
Registered
498 Posts
grifscoots said:
The biggest problem with the beads is they make your ass look dented when you wear a thong.
Grif,

That is "Hail Damage," or better known as cellulite...

I think you'll find those pants help a lot elsewhere, but not at the seat contact point. I'd try the beads first, since it is a cheap option...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts