BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few pics of a graphic I added to my yellow KR. Gives it a little more personality I think. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Bee-M-W Decal or Plastic film stickon?

yukon42 said:
Just a few pics of a graphic I added to my yellow KR. Gives it a little more personality I think. :D
Did you make up the decal or is that a film stick on? If purchased, where from? Curious mind looking for graphics.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are vinyl stickyback decals. I designed it and ordered it from http://www.signsbyyou.com/ . Took them a couple tries to get it right. They had trouble "flipping" the decal for the right side and ended up flipping not only the graphic but the lettering too! But when I brought the problem to their attention they fixed it & sent me out the right side decals right away. I've got an extra set but want to keep them for awhile till I see how they hold up. They seem to be the same type decal that motorcycle manufacturers use for their decals.

The company has all kinds of graphics and stuff to use to design almost anything you can imagine. Take a look and have some fun.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very cool....

Love when people personalize thier rides!

·
Registered
351 Posts
re: SuperBee-M-W Cool graphic

Thanks for the information Yukon42, quick browse of their website looks like I can make some nice stuff. As to the stickon is yours clear with graphic and lettering or did you trim it from background color?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Now, that really is very nice and very cool! :D I bet you get tons of copycats now... I'm sure tempted! :p I was actually toying with the idea of putting "Dash" from "The Incredibles" on mine... :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
03k12RS said:
Thanks for the information Yukon42, quick browse of their website looks like I can make some nice stuff. As to the stickon is yours clear with graphic and lettering or did you trim it from background color?
Background is clear which follows the outline of the graphic and lettering. Didn't require any trimming at all. Very well produced decal of high quality IMHO.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheJoker said:
Now, that really is very nice and very cool! :D I bet you get tons of copycats now... I'm sure tempted! :p I was actually toying with the idea of putting "Dash" from "The Incredibles" on mine... :p
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if others wanted to do the same thing. I always ohhh and ahhh over what other people do to personalize their bikes. There are some people out there with some great ideas. The large tank cover on the KR just begs for a graphic of some type.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts