BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone on this forum going to the superbikes in March?
I am looking to ride down from Sydney and any company would be appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'd like to if I could get away, but I've been before, and reckon I enjoy watching it on TV more. (Too many yobbos, and idiots on the road for my liking.)
Have a great time either way.

Ken.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there It8x7
Can't get time off from work for the ride down, but will be there in spirit as I watch from my armchair.
But totally off the subject now - I was just wondering if you find the "BAR RISERS" to be of any good. I was thinking of purchasing a set but haven't really heard much in there favour. At $300 a set I don't want to make a purchase unless I know they make the ride more comfortable. I feel I have just a little too much weight on my arms when riding the "stock" 03 K12RS for any legnth of time. Elbows seem to lock up and maybe the "BAR RISERS" will prevent this. Would appreciate any feed back on them.

Cheers: Phil

·
Registered
1 Posts
phil said:
Hi there It8x7
Can't get time off from work for the ride down, but will be there in spirit as I watch from my armchair.
But totally off the subject now - I was just wondering if you find the "BAR RISERS" to be of any good. I was thinking of purchasing a set but haven't really heard much in there favour. At $300 a set I don't want to make a purchase unless I know they make the ride more comfortable. I feel I have just a little too much weight on my arms when riding the "stock" 03 K12RS for any legnth of time. Elbows seem to lock up and maybe the "BAR RISERS" will prevent this. Would appreciate any feed back on them.

Hi Phil
The riser are a must. I am 6'1' and still notice the benefit of the risers especially for the long haul. I have ridden K1200RS since 1997 and both bikes have had risers fitted. Together with a Corbin seat it makes touring all that much better
Anth

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
tv

baytown said:
I'd like to if I could get away, but I've been before, and reckon I enjoy watching it on TV more. (Too many yobbos, and idiots on the road for my liking.)
Have a great time either way.

Ken.

How was it on TV. Lordy that Balgal Bay store provides everything huh?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phil said:
Hi there It8x7

Just got back yesterday from a great ride down and back. The risers and the Sargent seat add up to a VERY comfortable ride. I could sit all day on the bike with no sore bits at the end of the day.
The bike is also rock steady right up to 240km/h and still pulling hard.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Anth and It8x7

Thanks guys for your info, I will be ordering a set this weekend and hopefully will have them on real soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts