BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fitted one of these to their K1200S? Can you still use the BMW panniers with the Alu-Rack fitted?

REgards

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am going to purchase this rack, the Krauser adapter plate & a Krauser topcase for my S. I emailed them to be sure that this setup does not interfere with the stock BMW side cases. They assured me that it works with the factory cases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have fitted the rack and it works fine with the BMW panniers. have a GIVI Maxia 52 that I use with it and it is great for trips and commuting.

·
Registered
144 Posts
SW rack / seat

I also have the rack and a small Givi box fitted to my S. The only thing the rack interferes with is the removal of the factory seat, with the Givi adapter plate fitted to the rack.

The topbox is ugly, but it is VERY useful in giving my fiance some peace of mind while sitting on the back of the S during 2-up trips. Also, when she sits back farther, with her back against the back pad, I get less turbulence around my helmet, as discussed in other threads about riding a passenger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
MadMax, could you post a shot of your bike with the rack and top case on sometime? I would like to see what the bike is going to look like on wife days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts