BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today went to bmw Canada ,tried on the new bmw helmet, this thing is nice , apperently they are not able to sell to nowone from the states, must have Canadian address , something to do with the dot regulations I think it is a new line from Schuberth, it was as light as vemar carbon fiber that I ride with, if not ligther;oh it is modular also ,the price was $800 they have it on Canadian bmw web site,

·
Registered
246 Posts
BMW helmets are not 'a new line from Schuberth'. BMW helmets are produced in the Schuberth factory, but that is by order of and especially for BMW. The System V flip up helmet is made of a fiber / carbon / kevlar composite. I've got one also, soon painted in CGM.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
I would love a System V made from carbon fiber and with the built-in sunshield. Oh, and throw in the bluetooth headset as well. I hate to think what it would cost, but it would be the ultimate helmet. :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
As much as I like it, unfortunately the System 5, at least in Canada does not have a sunvisor, and that's a deal-breaker for me. I can't imagine ever owning a helmet again without one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have the system 5 for over an year now and is ok. had the system 4 before. very practical. yes it is made by schubert for bmw. bluetooth is crap, actually they stop delivering, a new improved model is about to be launched. you have the option of clear or tinted visor, i have both but only use the tinted one since i generally don't ride during the night, if this happens, i take the clear visor with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts