BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have a propensity to drop off with your gear when you least desire it. Seems the lug that hooks into the rail succumbs to fatigue after some use. Lost the left case couple of years back. Had a spare lid so I bought the inner with locking mechanism from a city dealer for $246.13, he changed the wafers for nix.

Noticed on Wednesday that the right was ready to go, same reason.

Checked the price of the locking mech. $440.

So naturally I opted for the whole half case , they quoted $257. Thats inflation for you.

Last night I found this email from them, a slight adjustment!!

R/H pannier inner (without lock mechanism) $257.75
Pannier lock mechanism $461.20

1. So the bottom line dear reader is, check your system cases

2. If you Beemer needs attention whilst in the city of Melbourne. Hire a Rolls Royce, shove her in the rear compartment. Tie the doors shut with wire if they wont close, take the bike to Ringwood or Geelong, and have the repairs affected.

Then pay your bill plus the cost of repairing the Roller. Will work out a hell of a lot cheaper than having it serviced at #$%#$#@!$^ (oh you know the one I refer to)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't hold back now, tell me how you really feel.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
143LRSD said:
Don't hold back now, tell me how you really feel.

Okay...
"They can all go and get ^%$#$% and I hope their chooks turn into emus and kick the chook house (chickens) to buggery and beyond. Why they don't serve you whilst wearing a mask and armed with a .357 has me stuffed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Now don't you feel better getting that out in the open?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts