BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Kisan brake light bulbs tonight. Went to reinstall the tail light assembly and it's all loose. The top post/grommet goes together but seems really loose. Even with the screws tightened on the bottom the whole assembly is loose and wobbles. The housing is not flush all the way around either (by the blinkers).

Did I miss something? I took it off/reinstalled it about 5 times, trying to find what I missed. It was snug as a bug when I first disassembled it, took some effort to pull apart. All the rubber and posts are fine, nothing is interfereing with the housing, screws are good.

Please, help! :banghead:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same issue for me, but I noticed the taillight assembly was wobbly before I removed it to install the Kisan. I'm thinking it's TADT (they all do that), because I remember reading similar posts on this site or others.

I'm getting the flashing yellow lamp warning when I apply the brakes right after startup, but it goes away after a few seconds. Andy at Kisan explained it as resulting from diminshed battery voltage after cranking , but said it is of no concern.

I'm going in for the 12k service on Monday, so I'll ask the tech about both issues and report back if I hear anything different.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gc916 said:
Same issue for me, but I noticed the taillight assembly was wobbly before I removed it to install the Kisan. I'm thinking it's TADT (they all do that), because I remember reading similar posts on this site or others.

I'm getting the flashing yellow lamp warning when I apply the brakes right after startup, but it goes away after a few seconds. Andy at Kisan explained it as resulting from diminshed battery voltage after cranking , but said it is of no concern.

I'm going in for the 12k service on Monday, so I'll ask the tech about both issues and report back if I hear anything different.

They had a note in with my install instructions. Here's my post in another thread about my Kisans.

Installed, worked okay. Rode all day (300 miles). Don't work okay.

After the install they were flawless. After a couple hours I noticed I only got the flashy triangle thingy intermittently. At one stop light I applied the brakes and didn't see the yellow triangle warning. At the light I turned around and looked at the lens - no flash. The tail light was fine, brake light came on solid. Weird.

Also, after one fuel stop I got the lamp warning on the tail light. No lights, no brake lights. Key off, then back on fixed the problem.

It appears the Tail Blazers work fine at startup, then during the ride stop flashing, or only flash a couple times, then come on solid. I have no earthly idea what the don't work all the time, or not work all the time.

Intermittent problems are the worst.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Frye? Frye?

·
Registered
106 Posts
roadkingedout said:
Just ordered the pair... anyone know if they accept returns if used??
They don't accept returns for cash. Call their customer service and tell them about the problem. They'll send you another set, just like they did for me.

Mike

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikec said:
They don't accept returns for cash. Call their customer service and tell them about the problem. They'll send you another set, just like they did for me.

Mike

Are the second set any better?

·
Registered
106 Posts
iflybricks said:
Are the second set any better?
Nah, they still registered a fault when I applied the brakes. My dealer was afraid that the multitude of faults might "confuse" something. I've got a couple of buds that run them in their KGTs with no problems. I guess I have one of the machines that just doesn't like the Tailblazers.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts