BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Looks like we're both master riders who own FJRs, Doug. I wonder if I would have gotten a BMW if I had chosen the top of the line refrigerator?

·
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.
2,029 Posts
YZF R1, almost a GSX 1000.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yup, another FJR 1300 here too. Wonder if that's the only sport touring bike in the database?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quiz

Surprised me, they said I should be riding a Yamaha R1. Oddly enough, I have never really considered owning an R1...

Pete

·
Registered
468 Posts
This test is bunk!

You're addicted to speed, but have the knowledge and experience to match. Although you like to win, you don't really care so much about competing with others as much as competing with yourself.
Your bike is the Yamaha YZF R1. Given how easily the rear wheel on this beast spins up coming out of turns, it is fortunate that you constantly work to improve your skills. (I've seen more R1s crash at track days than any other bike.)

It was a close decision with the Suzuki GSXR1000, but your personality seemed a bit more R1-ish. (But hey, I could be wrong. Its only a silly test.)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Test Results:

You scored 0 moxie, 8 zeal, and 4 pomp!

You scored 0 on moxie, higher than 17% of your peers.
You scored 8 on zeal, higher than 69% of your peers.
You scored 4 on pomp, higher than 62% of your peers.

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

My comments:
Not really. My bike is a 04 K1200GT

·
Registered
262 Posts
YZF R-1 or possibly Gixxer 1000.
I did lie on the MSF course question, I haven't and probably won't or might, ? or not . Although, I'm looking into a trackday "school" in Atlanta where you use their bikes.
I'm not sure I would behave enough on mine and then I'd be driving for a while.
Dave

·
Registered
650 Posts
R1.......Apparently?

·
Registered
110 Posts
iflybricks said:
This test is bunk!

You're addicted to speed, but have the knowledge and experience to match. Although you like to win, you don't really care so much about competing with others as much as competing with yourself.
Your bike is the Yamaha YZF R1. Given how easily the rear wheel on this beast spins up coming out of turns, it is fortunate that you constantly work to improve your skills. (I've seen more R1s crash at track days than any other bike.)

It was a close decision with the Suzuki GSXR1000, but your personality seemed a bit more R1-ish. (But hey, I could be wrong. Its only a silly test.)
I got the same reading? :wtf:

·
Registered
289 Posts
hmm....

Something doesn't seem right.

Put me on Harley Sportster. Last time I was on a Harley was 1968 with my ex-brother in law.

Oh my God, please don't tell me I'm a closest Harely Dude! :cry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got an R 1 rating too. Seems a bit ridiculous since I'm not at all interested in that type of bike or riding it. :dunno:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I join the ever growing R1 crew here. I haven't considered riding one either, but I'd love to pick up a GSXR600 or CBR600 for a track bike. I'm not sure how answering all the camping questions didn't put me on a GSA.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ducati 996

Apparently I'm arrogant and egotistical... but people still like me. Damn, this thing actually KNOWS me?

LOL LOL, even funnier... my wife

you'll never guess....

a VOLVO

as in NOT a motorcycle, but an ugly "safe" car.

Classic to say the least, it got both of us pretty much right on.

·
Registered
335 Posts
says i'm on the aprillia rsv - not too far off but then it says I need to get a bunch o' track days or I'll be, uh, dead.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts