BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to do a trip north from tampa up to canada thru michigan, across canada to alaska and ride the alcan hwy. anyone done this, and any websites to look at?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I rode to Alaska two summers ago. When you get to Canada head up the Rockies see Lake Louise, Banff, and Jasper National Parks. The Canadian Rockies are the Swiss Alps of North America, fantastic scenery.
Plan on tires on the ALCAN. The ALCAN can wear your tires down twice a fast as you normally would. There is a Harley Dealer in White Horse, Yukon, if you plan on changing tires there you may need to ship ahead your tires to them as they may not carry something to fit the BMWs. I left Virginia with a NEW (one day old) rear tire, when I got to Anchorage I had plugged it 3 times and it was as thin as tissue paper, I was lucky I got to Anchorage. I blew a front tire in the Yukon and had to have The Motorcycle Shop (that is thier name) in Anchorage fly a new one to me. Dawson Dick (owner of the Downtown Hotel) in Dawson City Yukon was a great help when broken down, he really supports the many motorcyclist who venture that way and need help.
I f you have any questions while planning, give me a holler on PM or e-mail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts