BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since gas prices have gone up, seems like a lot of folks are tracking mileage. A couple years ago, I created a nomograph that you can stick in the map case of your tank bag to help calculate mileage. Thought I'd repost it since it can only be found in the old archives...

The attached pdf file has three pages. The first page is the calculator in US units, the second page is the calculator in SI (metric) units, and the third page is a combination of the two. Print the pages, then cut out the version you prefer to use, and place it in the mapcase of your tank bag.

I use mine at each fill-up. Use a string, credit card, or other straight-edge to line up the miles from the trip odometer to the gallons just pumped (you must be consistent at where you top off the tank and you must reset the trip odometer at each fill). Read the mileage you got on the last tank from the line in the middle.

Use and enjoy.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Neat

Looks like a simple tool to calculate but i bet some work went into creating it....I've downloaded it and will try it out on my upcoming trip to Ottawa, appx 1,400 miles return. :clap:

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts