BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my bike this morning knowing I had a half tank of gas left. Pulled out and noticed the yellow warning triangle on and the gas pump icon flashing. Filled the tank to see if that would clear the problem, but the guage shows no fuel and the miles to empty just shows "---". Seems I have seen this problem discussed on this forum before but can't find anything on it. Anyone have info on this, before I call the dealer? Bike has 10,000 mi on it. Seems like there was something about a sensor strip in the tank failing?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rebus said:
Started my bike this morning knowing I had a half tank of gas left. Pulled out and noticed the yellow warning triangle on and the gas pump icon flashing. Filled the tank to see if that would clear the problem, but the guage shows no fuel and the miles to empty just shows "---". Seems I have seen this problem discussed on this forum before but can't find anything on it. Anyone have info on this, before I call the dealer? Bike has 10,000 mi on it. Seems like there was something about a sensor strip in the tank failing?
Yup, fuel strip is bad. Should be no problem to have it covered under warranty. Mine came from the factory with a bad one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just had the same probelm on mine as well at 2500 miles. On the upside, while in for repairs the dealer uploaded new software that really improved the throttle response. I expected problems after he told me that, but the throttle response is very much improved. The bike is an 06/08 build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts