BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to get off the seat a little bit and I imagine the pads would give a better grip to the inside thigh.

How do like yours Eric2? Good investment?

·
Registered
686 Posts
sportrider said:
I like to get off the seat a little bit and I imagine the pads would give a better grip to the inside thigh.

How do like yours Eric2? Good investment?
Just got mine last night, one week via UPS ground. GREAT investment
because I was dulling the paint at the back of the tank with my sleek physique :)

The pads are shaped, IOW there is a recessed cup your knees fit into.
They are made of rubber, and the back edges are lined with some kinda
super tape, you'll need a razor to lift off the backing. My placement wasn't perfect
but as long as it does the job I'm happy. Doubt they'll ever come off with that tape.

I can take pics if interested but a big thumbs up from me. I loved the CF
thing from pirate but I'm too cheap to pay that much.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Me too...

Lets see um as I see a set in my very near future....

·
Registered
686 Posts
allrighty then, after application, some pics. If i were to do it again i would give about
an inch space around the bottom section. Why? cuz my 32" inseam legs extend
a bit past the sidepanels upper reach

I bought them for the rear guard anyway, which is also shaped with a ridge
in the middle

Again, i would move these up an inch or so for the longer legged

This shows the cutout, and a stain i didn't notice before

Hook 'em horns,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics

They are exactly what I'm looking for and just ordered a set from Santa Cruz- on a side note, where'd the stain come from? enter a corner a little too hot?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the KS tank and the KR tank are the same? I'd like to put these on the KR if possible.
TIA
Rich

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just ordered a set of pads - I love the CF look too, but I think the pads will give me a good grip on the inside thigh while hangin' off a bit.

I'm almost there...radr detector/mount is next on the list, along with a sportcam mount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a heads-up to the KR folks: I just spoke with Jesse A Santa Cruz BMW and he had a K and an S side-by-side and said these pads are specifically for the S, and that the side panels are different enough that he would suggest waiting until there is a set made for the R bikes. He said he would contact CSS in Germany and see if/when an R model would be available. :mad:
FWIW, I have not had an opportunity to see a K and an S side-by-side, so I am taking all this at face value :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I communicated with Nippy Normans about this, was told the pads do not fit the K12R, that the manufacturer is currently designing pads for the K12R and will be available within 60 days.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is a bummer...

As I just ordered pads from Jesse at SCBMW....told them they were for my R and he said they'd fit...bad one on me not asking him to double check...anybody need a set of tank pads for an "S"

·
Registered
896 Posts
rookievx1 said:
Erik

How do you like the Tank Slappers? I like the idea of being clear and using no glue. :tim

Works great. Can't see it and it protects the area were the knees contact the bike. So no fear in wearing the paint and I can use my kness to hug the tank all I want.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts