BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a source in the US - Z Technik - which you can buy through Pirates Lair. Is there anyone in the UK or Europe supplying something similar?

According to the dealer there's nothing on the market yet and people are just using clear stick on plastic until something arrives.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved

A German company - Wunderlich - make one and their UK importer has them in stock for £41 including P&P.

The Wunderlich website is:

http://www.wunderlich.de/

and it gives the details of the UK importer and you can download their latest catalogue. If you click on the UK web site, that is run by the importer and offers you further downloads including part numbers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just got mine from tankslapper,
you can choose between a 3m sticker type or an static type
i had a little trouble proceding with the order but the some guy from the company took care and time to help me proceed with their online ordering form

the real problem was that i don't live in the U.S. and the online form wasn't very clear about it

stroker

·
Registered
120 Posts
t6ankslapper static

Bought this product and gave up trying to stick it on, Not sure if it weas the negative curve of the tank or the matte black paint, but something made it impossible to put on.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Logoguy,

Not sure where your located but if you ever get upstate NY way let me know, we can get that 3M material on. Took a little time, but it looks great when done right. Due to the curves and where the film ends most people dont even know its there till you tell them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Clear Film

I just received, from Griot's Garage, film in bulk. Bought 3 feet of 4 inch wide material. It is slightly thicker than 3M and it has some sort of adhesive on the back and uses a positioning spray and squeegee to apply. Just made a pattern from the previous 3M piece that I caught the edge with my jacket and stretched it. Haven't applied it as yet and because of the additional thickness might have a problem going around compound curves, we'll see.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Did exactly the same thing with clear book binding film. Just scan or photocopy the old protector for a template. Warm up the new film a bit with a hair dryer before removing the tacky backing. The film is thinner than after market protectors, slightly more opaque than clear, but goes round the shape and easy to make plenty.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts