BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I have an 85 K100RT and am putting the stock exhaust back on. Not a lot of
help there in the parts fiche or manuals for heat shield mounting. I guess the 'spacer'
they refer to on the 6mm bolt mount holes came attached to the muffler, because BMW doesn't list them,
only bolts/spacers, and the one 'rubber mount' at the first (far left) mount hole. The BMW
tech suggested using carbon fibre spacer/washers, which he gave me, but they won't
make up the gap to the heat shield (they're only 1/4 inch or so).

2) According to the manuals, I am to hook up the vacuum gauges/sticks to three
of the vacuum ports, then 'tee' in the last hose to the pressure regulator, instead of
the fourth vacuum port? Am i 'teeing' the vacuum gauge hose in between the pressure
regulator itself and the line attached to it? If that's the case, could someone please tell me how to get or substitute the BMW 't' adapter the manuals refer to? Thanks!! The rest is pretty straight forward..

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks. Not a bad point. I asked the PO about adjustments due to radically different air-flow with Luftmeister system and he said the shop adjusted to reduce backfire. That may mean fiddling with the TPS, or the air screws/butterfly settings. I can ask the shop. I have to take the fairing lowers off anyway to do the throttle cable, so i don't mind, plus i have good carb sticks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts