BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions I hope those with vast knowledge here can help me with. :dunno:

I have a new (old stock) 08 GT with 50kms on it.

1) Will an after market Leo Vince can, void my warranty.
2) Require a chip for proper running (ie: idle, smoothness etc.)
3) Be avoided until fully "run-in"

And b4 someone says it,
I dunno just want something different than that huge water heater of an exhaust,
chrome doe not fit the motif :wtf:

Thanks in advance, as I farkelize the new machine while waiting for the snow to melt. :banghead:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I put a Remus (slip-on) to my GT at about 2k. Thing is with Remus it is waranteed for life. Don't know if the Leo needs repacking after a while. There is no chip (least I haven't heard of-like a PC). All mapping upgrades are done by re-flashing-think 12-14 max. When I had the air-box recall done they re flashed to newest software-12.0? Anyway, she runs perfect. Remus is sold at dealers so no warantee issues, Don't know about Leo slip on -probably no problem. BTW-Leo has a much louder bark. Remus has a removeable/ replaceable baffle in case its too loud for you. Also--Just a slip-on-not much more power-tests show 2-4hp. Benefits are loosing 25lbs of fat-no cat whic means can is much cooler. Now a full header system is another story.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I sort of like the "chrome plated bus muffler".
Gilly

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always thought one of the first things I was going to do is get rid of the chrome spud gun but after a full riding season with it I like the stealthy speed it allows. I believe police are more likely to notice a loud exhaust.

·
2 heads are better than 1
284 Posts
Trickster said:
I have a few questions I hope those with vast knowledge here can help me with. :dunno:

I have a new (old stock) 08 GT with 50kms on it.

1) Will an after market Leo Vince can, void my warranty.
2) Require a chip for proper running (ie: idle, smoothness etc.)
3) Be avoided until fully "run-in"

And b4 someone says it,
I dunno just want something different than that huge water heater of an exhaust,
chrome doe not fit the motif :wtf:

Thanks in advance, as I farkelize the new machine while waiting for the snow to melt. :banghead:
1) no
2) no
3) probably safe to wait until after the 600 mile service, but not required

I've left the dealer on new bikes with aftermarket pipes installed and had no issues with any of these, so I think you'll be OK.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Trickster said:
now can u make the snow melt? :snowlaff:
It looked fine last time I was through Leduc. Of course, that was in September . . . :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
you may also want to look at Akropovic

here is the link for the 1300

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Luis,

Do you know who sells the Akrapovic systems in the Boston area? I was checking the web and couldn't seem to find anybody that does. Did find some pricing from a Canadian dealer...big $$!!

Know anybody that has one on either a K12 or K13?

Thanks!

Peter

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Akrapovic

I believe most BMW dealers handle them and yes very pricey,
got the Leo Vince full carbon slip on for mine...very nice and
$500.00, alot cheap than Akrapovic.

BTW nice choice of color and year :clap:

·
Registered
604 Posts
There are many aftermarket cans you can put on the GT.

I have a Two Brothers can and although a little louder its fine at cruise setting. Only need to loosen the exhaust tube attach clamp and the can holder clamp. That's the extent of a change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts