BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son needs more visibility on his 02RS...cycle gadgets sells PIAA brand kits but $300.00 + is a bit much. I have the Tenzo square lights on mine and they work fine. They were on my 01 when I got it.

Anyone know a source for the less expensive Tenzo lights?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Have you checked out the driving/fog lights that are available at Wal-Mart, Kragen & Auto Zone?

I ran a pair of cheap lights from Wally World on my last K bike and they did a good job for what I wanted. The bodies are cast, not plastic so they are prone to get a little corrosions but as long as they work, who cares. When they finally give up the ghost, you can buy another pair and the wiring is already in place.

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
driving lights

I run the Catz mss found on ebay for 60 shipped. Nice pattern cuts off at the top so it doesnt bothe most cages. Don

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seems like MotoLight and PIAA are a bit over priced. I had PIAA's on my RT and liked them but when I traded they went with the bike, darn. Being in deer country I also wanted more lighting so went to Auto Zone and picked out a nice pair that uses H3 bulbs(55W). Run them stock for a while then installed a set of PIAA H3's. They have a little wider pattern that the PIAA but seem to light up the sides of the road better. I am happy with them now. So far got about $60.00 invested.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey Knappy,any pics? What brackets did you use and what brand and model are they? I was think on doing this the next time I get the plastic off.Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually the brackets came with the lights. They are kind of cheap like brackets made from steel and painted black. They seem to be sturdy and are quite easy to aim and mount under the air scoops for the oil cooler. They must be mounted out as far as possible to avoid contact with front fender. Check the clearance carefully. There are a couple of mounting screws for some of the tupperware close by and can be used.

I will send pictures and brand just as soon as I can, please be patient. I tend to procrastinate from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts