BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
You can make reservations " NOW " rooms will be tight ...so do it as soon as possible.

Thank You

·
Registered
438 Posts
James
I have rooms at the Motel6 which is very close to the Inn! Is there any reason to specifically be at the Inn? Saved some money on the room is the only reason I'm at the Motel6, I don't require much of a hotel so the fancy stuff is wasted on me.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Robert,

We have alot going on at the Inn, have you been to a THC before? For the last four years there is something happening all the time, early, late and Friday nights dinner this year will not be beat.

Glad your coming,

·
Registered
438 Posts
James
The Motel6 is only a few blocks away and since I don't drink alcohol I could ride or walk back to the Motel6 very easily. I don't want to miss out on all the activities so if you think I should re-reserve a room at the Inn I will, LMK? I am looking forward to it. I will be riding with Tim at the Pre-THCR in Alpine.

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes !!

Robert, the Inn parking lot is where the lies are told. Tall tales of courage and luck, along with talk of the next days raid. Where's lunch. Who is riding with whom. Does the cruise turn of above 100? (actually a Owner's Manual typo. It's 135. ;) )

So yeah, you need to be at the Inn. The bikes, the celebs, the beer. It's just the place to be. :)

Attachments

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
Too much effort

OK, James, you really made me work for that sexy bitch thing. Downloaded it and then couldn't find it, so I had to do it again, only to finally open it and see, well, THAT! That's hurtin' me.

Don't let MOTOR hear you call yourself that, or you'll be his bitch forevermore.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
New Site

Rob,
Sorry about the extra work but I have to be careful of the new site, so I,m not thrown off.
Hope to see you at the 2006 THC Roundup and maybe you could bring " Submariner Louis ". Its going to be alot of fun and the pre THC in west Texas will be a Must.

What a way to wash clothes,

Attachments

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scrubbed off ...

JamesTexas said:
What a way to wash clothes,
Augh, another classic emerges from the depths. :) For those unfamiliar with the pic, it seems as if a bike wash was preferable to trying to make the turn. Lou.., er. the offender, said that if he could have scrubbed off just 5mph he'd have made it. I asked, "L..., you should have been able to scrub off 5." to which he immediately replied, "Shit, I scrubbed off 115!"

That's our boy. :D

p.s. Check out pic 2 - Texas 1340. Bring new tires!

Attachments

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
Amen to the new tires part.

I went a couple of years ago. Left NC with really good rubber front and rear. Well, between the ride out, and about a day and a half in the Hill country, I looked at my rear at lunch Friday, and there was almost nothing left. The Kawasaki dealer in Kerrville didn't have anything to fit, so Friday afternoon I ended up slabbing it to San Antonio to get one at the BMW dealer there. I arrived about 5:15, but they were nice enough to accomodate me and get it mounted that evening (no mechanics there on Sat mornings).

Everything was fine the rest of the trip; I made it back on Sunday in one fell swoop. But a couple of weeks later I was riding with LOUIS. We parked our bikes side by side, and happened to look at the rear tires. We were both running ME Z4's, but the treads looked different. Turns out mine was mounted backwards. I hadn't noticed anything odd about the grip to that point. But turned it around later just to be sure. Got twice as much mileage out of that tire!

·
Registered
68 Posts
W00t I got a room

JamesTexas said:
You can make reservations " NOW " rooms will be tight ...so do it as soon as possible.

Thank You
I'm all set for next year. And this time I won't be too tired to hang out in the parking lot swappin' lies. :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
ROB said:
I went a couple of years ago. Left NC with really good rubber front and rear. Well, between the ride out, and about a day and a half in the Hill country, I looked at my rear at lunch Friday, and there was almost nothing left. The Kawasaki dealer in Kerrville didn't have anything to fit, so Friday afternoon I ended up slabbing it to San Antonio to get one at the BMW dealer there. I arrived about 5:15, but they were nice enough to accomodate me and get it mounted that evening (no mechanics there on Sat mornings).

Everything was fine the rest of the trip; I made it back on Sunday in one fell swoop. But a couple of weeks later I was riding with LOUIS. We parked our bikes side by side, and happened to look at the rear tires. We were both running ME Z4's, but the treads looked different. Turns out mine was mounted backwards. I hadn't noticed anything odd about the grip to that point. But turned it around later just to be sure. Got twice as much mileage out of that tire!
Moral of that story is; leave with "new" rubber. I left SF Bay Area last year with brand new tires. Scrubbed them in a little before leaving. Had a ball, no noticable flat spot until I got back home. Onliest trip I've ever made where I was fighting a really heavy headwind both coming and going. :p

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Come on out .......

I am planning on it, got my reservation a few days ago.
We should be there by 5pm Sunday. We will be leaving from Alpine Wednesday morning and having lunch in Rocksprings, TX before 2pm.

Big Bend area is unsual,

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
1st to Register for THC Round 2006

Lee Lacy was the first one to do it for the Roundup and the Banquet.
I guess after he won a set of Avons last year he would hand deliver it in person.

He is the one on the left with the black shirt in Utopia at " Lost Maples Cafe "

Good Luck and enjoy the Ride.....Lee

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts